A brick and a blanket!
Children were challenged in their learning journals to think of as many things as possible that they could do with a brick and a blanket.
Here are some of the ideas so far:
- Make a bed
- Make a booster seat
- Make a den
- Lay the blanket down and add the bricks to make a speed boat
- Cut the blanket into a circle and lay the bricks all round to make a sun
- Make a tunnel for my trains to drive under
- Use the bricks to make a wall, cover with the blanket and sit on it
- Warm the brick in the oven, then wrap with the blanket and use as a hot water bottle
- Put the blanket on top of the brick, then set light to it and use it to toast marshmallows
- Use as a present, head of a mop, dummy head with hair, duvet and pillow, door stop, foot print in snow, or a legless sheep!
- Use the blanket as a matador's cape, or a toga or a dress. Use the brick as a weight to make you stronger, or as a hammer or use it to open a coconut!